S&H Farm will be at the Wednesday Market!
beet greens – 3.00 – 8oz
carrots – 2.00 – 1/2lb
dill – 2.50 bag
green garlic – 1.00 stem
kale – 3.00 – 10-12oz – siberian, red russian, curly
lettuce mix – 4.00 – 8oz
parsley – 2.50 bunch
spinach – 3.00 – 4oz — one per person please
Swiss chard – 3.00 – 10-12oz
thyme – 2.50 bunch
Thanks to everyone that made our first Soup Bowl Fundraiser a success!
I’ve included Branching Traditions soup recipe – more recipes in the weeks to follow:
Sweet Potato, Sausage, and Kale Soup
- YIELD: 10 servings (serving size: about 1 3/4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups chopped onion (about 2 large)
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 4 cups coarsely chopped peeled sweet potato
- 5 cups water
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 bunch of kale, washed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cans of beans (black, pinto, white beans or any combo), rinsed and drained
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 5 minutes. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Break or cut sausage into bite sized portions. Add sausage to pan. Cook 5 minutes or until sausage is lightly browned,. Add potato, 5 cups water, and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes. Gradually add kale; cook 10 minutes or until tender. Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and beans; cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
ALSO – mark your calendars for this Saturday’s entertainment:
Kitty Box and The Johnnys featuring the illustrious voice of Taz Halloween!